Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tablerunner class

I awoke with a sore throat for the third day in a row. It frustrated me because I work so hard to be healthy. I tapped for that as I did the other days, but it was less effective today. I stayed up after making the sandwich to read. This time I was able to stay up. Around 8 I made breakfast and read my e-mail. For once I did not finish my breakfast. That was interesting because I was working on the feeling of having to eat things because they need to be eaten. At 10:30 I took a shower and then realized that I need to clean my sewing room for the lesson. So I took some time for that, then headed for the thrift shop. When I got to my car, it was covered with snow and ice. I searched it, but could not find a scraper. So I used a molding piece that came off the door. I also had the defroster running. Soon I was ready to go. I was late to the thrift shop, but there wasn't as much to do as usual. I handled the books, finished the DVD's, reorganized several spots, etc. My phone died when I got there so I plugged it in in the kitchen. At 2:30 I went out to look for my student. When she showed up, we went to my apartment. She had her snack while I ate lunch. I could tell by her comments that her parents had counseled her to be polite. I was prepared to have her make a stuffed Christmas tree, but she elected to make the tissue holder, checkbook cover, and a small purse of a different design. She had not finished when her father arrived. He had me analyze her latest purse and why it wasn't working out. Then they left. I juiced some cranberries, a carrot and some celery. I found that my phone battery was nearly dead again, so I switched it out for another one. I went back to my computer for awhile, then gathered all my class stuff, plus the two mats, and previous projects for those who hadn't come last week. Oh, it was cold outside. But so hot inside. I quickly shed my coat and started setting up for class. Cathy brought her tablerunner to which she had added mitered striped borders and had quilted on the longarm. I guess there is one over-achiever in every class. Everyone had a beautiful top, most still in progress. The new people made a stuffed Christmas tree and a Christmas cracker. Thankfully they all helped pack up. Lili helped me carry all my stuff back to my car. I drove to the parking lot, traded for Chris' car, then drove home and carried my stuff to the apartment. I had sold one mat, and now wished I had sold the other one so I wouldn't have so much to carry. I ate some fermented coconut milk, and retired to my computer to read e-mail.

No comments: