Thursday, December 16, 2010

New project

Chris got up extra early to attend a video teleconference. I got up to make his sandwich, but was too late. It was 5:10, so I went back to bed. I got up much later. I finished the purse, and ate breakfast in front of the computer. All too soon it was time to leave for the thrift shop. I took so long to bundle up that I was 15 minutes late. But I was not cold. In fact I was sweating under the coat, facemask, double gloves, and Michele's boots. I got a lot of positive comments on those boots. Wonder if she'd part with them? Not a chance. We had a large number of DVD's today and not many books. I got a few things for Chris and Michele. I thought I was done shopping for them, but what the heck! Gonna have lots of presents under that tree this year. All I have to do is get them both out of the house long enough for me to wrap. Tomorrow is Michele's last day of classes, so I had better take advantage of that.
When I left the thrift shop with my student, Geri came along for a ride to gate 12. Then we went to my house. I had lunch while Jade just sat. For her lesson we worked on her version of the purse. She kept track of the time, and asked to stop early so she could make a checkbook cover. Okayyyyy. Then her Dad came to pick her up. I took a break, then picked out some fabrics for demonstration in class. Somehow I did not get very far. Chris came home and warmed up leftovers. Soon I had to leave for class. I forgot my fanny pack with my camera and phone. I did a little bit of set-up, but had a funny feeling that maybe no one would show up. Well, one new person did, just before I was going to give up. Then, as I was explaining to her, a handful of other people arrived. I had just enough copies of the instructions. I demonstrated the process, and then no one did anything for awhile. Ana brought her tablerunner to work on. So I helped her with that. The new lady made a tissue holder, but I think she was the only one. What did everyone else do? Finally we packed up and left. I was bundled to the teeth again. I went home to find that Chris was already in bed. I worked on the computer, sent a few errand messages, etc. But it was so slow! Then Michele stopped to take a shower. And then Yahoo worked at regular speed.

A concerned friend wrote to me about my bladder infection problem. I had forgotten to post that I woke up without it Monday morning. Was it the visualization I did Sunday morning? The extra cranberry juice Sunday afternoon? Or the copious amounts of water I drank Sunday evening? Idk, but I am just happy to be comfortable again.

No comments: