Monday, December 20, 2010

Quilting

I set my alarm for 8 so if I went back to bed after making the sandwich, I wouldn't sleep too late. I got up, had a shower and breakfast, and gathered as much of the recyclables as I could carry out. Quilting was canceled for today by popular vote last week, but since I was finding myself working on Stork's Nest quilts anyway, I figured I might as well go to the SPC as usual and have a large workspace. That, and I have the keys. I took my 4 pieced tops and added batting and backings. I was able to quilt three of them before I left. It was 5 hours of pure productivity! Toni stopped by and turned in two quilts that only need tying. It was almost 3 pm when I left. I was going to go by the thrift shop to get a soap dispenser to replace the one that broke, but was too tired. Ditto on going to the Px for elastic. I sat in the car until I had the energy to go home. I read through some e-mail, but soon found myself in bed taking a nap. I awoke when Chris came home, but that wakefulness did not last. I got up at 7. I hope this will not alter my sleep cycle.
I answered some more e-mail, and listened to an audio on clearing childhood issues through visualization. While I was listening, I sewed together strips of selvege edges. I also made a CD of the hypnosis mp3 that almost put me to sleep the other day. I need to clear the pics from my camera to make room for the Seoul International Quilt Festival tomorrow. But now it is time for bed. I am not tired. Will I stay up? Tune it tomorrow.

No comments: