Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thrift shop Christmas party

Still no pictures. I went to the thrift shop party all ready to take pictures, but had left the camera on the kitchen table. I did not bring a gift for the swap because I had a bad experience last year. But I enjoyed the lunch and the company of the ladies at my table. I also enjoyed watching other people steal gifts, and seeing what was most coveted: wine, baking mixes, and scarves or jewelry. Most of the ladies that work at the thrift shop are not connected with the military. Maryann and I are in the minority. So they appreciate food items that they cannot get on the economy. Also, there was a lady reporter covering the event and she interviewed me. Lots of people were taking pictures and I just couldn't believe that I had left my camera at home, again. After the event, Maryann and I talked for awhile. Actually for over an hour. Finally we went our separate ways. I went home to work on addressing packages to mail tomorrow. Somehow I got sidetracked onto the computer. There were a number of interviews to listen to. I tried them all which took pretty much all evening. One lady says that the universe was sung into existence, and if that song stopped, we would all disappear. Interesting thought. Another interview says chaga mushrooms are a superfood, and will cure all sorts of cancers. One article claimed that 4 T of coconut oil a day will prevent alzheimers. I entered my volunteer hours for November. I have over 1000 now.
Since I have to mail my packages tomorrow, I had better get some sleep so I can finish the labeling and fill out all the custom forms in the morning.
* here is a pic from last year*

No comments: