Friday, December 17, 2010

Taking care of errands

After the usual sandwich, and back to bed, I had a hard time getting back to sleep. I tried humming a tune and making it slower and slower. I even did a little self-hypnosis to sleep for an hour then wake up. Well, I slept for an hour and kept on sleeping. Finally I got up for breakfast. I read through my e-mail and started reading an e-book on personal magnetism. It was a long one, though. I took a break to sew leftover strips together to make a baby quilt top. But I didn't have enough duck strips to make a whole top, even with the blue mixed in. I needed to go to post, but it was snowing in the morning so I waited until 2:30 in case it might warm up. Then I went to the bank to deposit checks, and stopped by the post office to mail two items. When I got back, Michele was gone (to college) so I wrapped her gifts and Chris'. When Chris came home a little later, he brought a ham that he had taken for the office party. He said they missed me, and I told him I hadn't been invited. He remembers inviting me and Michele but neither of us do. When Michele got home, we watched a Netflix movie with Jackie Chan. Then back to our computers. I took a break to make fudge and clean up in the kitchen. This time I am using raw cacao powder instead of baking chocolate. It had the nicest smooth texture. Until I put in the fiber powder. Also used coconut cream instead of coconut milk because that is all they had at the commissary. Oh well. Should taste good tomorrow when it is cold.
* This is my face shield that Helen gave me. It is really warm *

No comments: