Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Mushroom Restaurant

I stayed up last night listening to Ti Caine talk about "Future Visioning". It went on for more than an hour and a half, but I quit at that time. The main premise is that your future, not your past, determines your present circumstances. That is, the future you expect to have.
So I slept in late - 10 am. I skipped breakfast because we were meeting Chris for lunch at 11, and perused a little e-mail before taking a shower. Michele and I met Chris at the gate at 11. He drove us to his office to wait for the rest to get ready. But we left early to stop at a mailbox to drop off two letters. Then we drove to a walk-in gate and waited. When the others showed up, we all walked out of the gate and towards what we call "The Mushroom Restaurant". It was snowy and icy. I slipped and fell, bigtime. The pain was so bad I would not have been surprised if my arm was broken. So I was a little reticent to be pulled up by my arms. But once I was on my feet, the pain subsided. By the time we got to the restaurant, I was feeling ok. We sat on the floor, and the woman brought large bowls of mushroom soup to our tables and put them on to boil. When they were ready, we ate the soup, and then noodles were added to the broth. When that was cooked, we ate that. Then she added rice and small chopped green things to the broth. That finished the meal. But it was more than enough food for the 9 of us. We walked back to post. We had to wait in line to use the new automatic ID checker box. I was glad to see it working, albeit with a few glitches. One by one, we scanned our ID cards to gain admittance. Once inside, a pre-recorded voice instructed me to place my finger on the scanner. Once it was satisfied with my fingerprint, it let me out onto post. I look forward to having the one near our apartment be in service on nights and weekends.
Chris dropped us off at our gate. He cleared the snow off of my car and took it to get re-registered. Michele and I walked home. We shared an Asian pear, and I laid down to read. I fell asleep. When I woke up, I went into the sewing room to clean up, but saw the quilt top waiting for a backing. I started looking for a 60inch backing fabric. Chris came home then, and they began watching MacGyver. I didn't want to miss that, so I grabbed a stack of fabric to sort through as we watched. Chris would stop the vide o every so often so I could grab another stack of fabric. But I did not find any 60 inch pieces. My husband then made a suggestion that I want recorded. He said "Why don't you go to Dongdaemun and buy some more fabric?". If it were warmer, I would. But I don't want to wait that long to get this thing quilted. Then they watched "Beowulf", which came in the mail from Netflix. I wasn't going to watch it because it was bloody and gory and stuff, but did anyway. When it was over, I went back to obsessing over a backing. I went through my spare sheet collection, but wasn't satisfied. I finally decided to piece some flannel. When I finished that, I started this post. The weather report calls for three inches of snow tonight.

4 comments:

Gail said...

You made me laugh out loud today with Chris's suggestion!

Fern said...

It was most unexpected. Can you believe I turned him down?

Gail said...

The earlier fall must have knocked you senseless!

Fern said...

Well, that would make sense.