Monday, December 27, 2010

No MacGyver

I made the sandwich last night before I went to bed. He was still awake, so I told him where to find it, so I wouldn't have to wake up at all, at least not until daylight. I thought about setting the alarm for 8 when I was already in bed, but didn't want to get up again. Sadly, I woke at 9. It was my usual morning routine after that. It took me 'till afternoon to whittle my inbox down to about 68. Then I decided to finish embroidering my quilt top. While I was working on that, Chris came home (they let him out 59 minutes early). He brought me the mail. But I had to finish embroidering first. I am still having problems with thread breakage. I think it is the pre-wound bobbins. But they have always worked before. I made another loaf of bread for tomorrow's sandwich. Guess I'll make that one before I go to bed.
After I finished embroidering, Chris and Michele put their coats on, much to my surprise. They were going to see a movie. Nobody tells me anything in this family! But I did not go. Maybe if I had more notice. I spent the time trying to figure out a backing for the Christmas quilt. I want to use muslin so the quilting will show. But Cathy will give me a hard time about that. So I have to come up with some sort of pieced backing because my top is 50 inches square. Arrgh! I have two Christmas fabrics that go together, but I want to make it look intentional, not like the one wasn't big enough and I had to add.
* Here is a Christmas quilt that I saw at the show. *

No comments: