Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

We got to sleep in this morning as well. I got up first to start the day. I was looking forward to working on the quilt top, but got bogged down in e-mail while having breakfast. Chris took his car to post to get it worked on. When I got free of the computer, I went to the other computer to take all the designs I had prepared yesterday and re-size them to a common size. Then I loaded them onto the card that fits my embroidery machine. At this point Chris and Michele went to see a movie. I stayed behind. I cut 6.5 inch squares to practice each design before putting it on the quilt. On all but one design the thread broke, usually multiple times. Finally I took the thing apart and cleaned all the dust out. I did one more block, but this time it was an applique of an ornament. I laid the practice blocks on the quilt to see where each design should go. Then it was time for Christmas eve service. We bundled up warmly because it was 10 or below. We got there early with our crockpot of soup. Then the post office called Chris to say they had a package for him. Now that is service! It was close by so he went. Amazingly, he even got back before the service started. It was a usual Sunday-type service except that they did not take an offering. A special soloist came to sing "O Holy Night". After the service there was a 'soup and sandwich' gathering. But no one brought sandwiches. Most brought a dessert of some kind. There wasn't much I could eat. After a while, we left. It was even colder. After we got home, we let Michele open a present early. Actually it was my suggestion because I wanted to watch Season 4 of McGyver, which is what she opened. We had fun with that, but now it is midnight and McGyver has gone to bed. Tomorrow is Christmas!

No comments: