Sunday, December 12, 2010

A musical Christmas program

We awoke late. It was almost 9:30 and we had to rush to get to church by 10. After church we went home because Chris had gone to the commissary yesterday. That is when I was able to have breakfast. I juiced a bag and a half of cranberries to drink with breakfast. However, before I had taken my morning supplements, it was time to head to the movies. We saw "The Tourist" with Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp. It was pretty good. We went home again, and I had my supplements. Then, around 5:30 Chris and I went to the Blues, Brass, Candles and Carols musical event at the South Post chapel. We had to park behind the school. It was very cold. And this is SOUTH Korea. I wonder how cold it is in NORTH Korea? Anyway, the chapel was quite crowded. I was looking forward to getting some Christmas spirit, which I didn't get last year. Sadly I forgot my camera. The Korean Salvation Army band was there and they were quite good. The all-chapel choir sang. I wanted to join them, but I was sick when they practiced yesterday. And there was a duet. After a recognition of all the chaplains and chaplain assistants, Danny Byram came on stage. He had two back-up musicians, one on violin and one on guitar. He sang songs from his Christmas album. It was very nice, but did not seem very traditional. After the program, we all went into the multipurpose room for cookies and hot chocolate. I let Chris have my share. A photographer was taking people's pictures in the lobby, but I wasn't dressed very well for that. We walked back to the car in the cold. But it was kinda nice because the chapel was all too warm. We went home, and I juiced another bag of cranberries (this is one tough infection). We spent the evening on our computers.

No comments: