Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Better Bag

I had to get up as soon as the alarm went off. I had a quick breakfast with a glance at e-mail. Then I showered, dressed, and left for school. I parked at the theater, and walked the rest of the way. Today's activity was playing Rock, Paper, Scissors and recording which one won, over and over and over again. The idea was to show that each outcome is equally likely. Not that it did, but they agreed that there was no best choice. Then, to the smarter groups I tried to explain that if you added more choices (as in Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock), you have to add two so you always have an odd number, so that there are an even number of pairings, half of which are winners, and half of which are losers. Not sure they understood that.
When I left the class, I got cash, and I went to the SPC to drop off what Melanie needs for class tomorrow night and to leave the one cabinet unlocked for her. Then I
put gas in the car ($4/gallon) and walked into Itaewon to get won. I walked around a bit to see if any shops were selling zippers, but no luck. Next, I drove to a little park kind of near Gate 19. No one was there, so I sat in solitude and read for a while. Then I went home. I had lunch, then e-mailed Carla because I knew she had just the kind of zippers I needed. I read e-mail for awhile, and then called her with the number she e-mailed me. She was home, so I went over there and bought two, a red and a purple. When I got back, I browned up some bison and ate about half. Chris came home and fixed leftovers for him and Michele, but she wasn't home yet. When she didn't arrive before 7, I called her. She was on her way home. So I left supper out while I went into my sewing room to try making another bag. This one turned out better. And now it is time to make the sandwich and go to bed.

No comments: