Friday, April 1, 2011

Quilt show and major fabric score

I got up soon after the alarm went off, and started my day. I had breakfast, e-mail, and a shower, in that order. I filled a bag with recyclables, and headed for post, passing the recycling center along the way. I drove to the commissary. It isn't very far but I figured on the way back I would have a lot to carry. I went to the ATM machine and took out 200,000 won. When I returned to my car, Esther was there in her van. The other ladies were close by. So we all piled into her van, and left at the stroke of 9:30. In spite of the traffic, we pulled up in front of the aT center at 10am when the quilt show opened. We went inside while she parked the van. It was a really good show. There were some traditional quilts, and lots of 'art' quilts, and quilted items. There was even a display of American antiques. ? Did I mention the vendors? I saw the same ones I saw last year, and some of the same fabric. I took a bunch of pictures. I did not buy anything but some of the others did. Debbie joined us there. When we were done looking, we all went in Esther's van to the Happy Quilt warehouse in Pyongtek. Several of us brought snacks, and we shared. The warehouse was chilly but nothing like last time I went there (in the dead of winter). We had a ball looking at fabric packets and bolts, trying to decide what to get for ourselves, and what to get for making Stork's Nest quilts. When I saw my bill of 185,000 won, I breathed a sigh of relief that I hadn't spent more than I brought. Then I saw that he had given me a 10% discount, and it had originally come to 205,000. When we climbed back into the van it was after 5. We hit rush hour traffic on the way back. It would have scared me silly, but Esther didn't seem to mind. When we got to gate 52, we had to drop Debbie outside the gate. After Esther left us at the commissary, she went back for poor Debbie. I drove back to the parking lot at my gate. The bag of fabric was too heavy to carry over the bridge, so I loaded up my two shoulder bags, and then I did it easily. I took the elevator up, and dropped my bags inside the apartment. Eating was the first thing on my mind. Chris offered to cook up some beef cubes with onions and broccoli. Things got heated, and then we heard Michele come home. We had supper after that, watching episodes of MacGyver.

No comments: