Saturday, April 23, 2011

The PRESENTATION

I woke up this morning feeling much calmer than I did last night. Actually, I was surprised that I slept at all, but I did. All the tapping yesterday paid off. I got up at 7, showered, had breakfast and a brief glance at e-mail. Then I packed my shoulder bag with tapping DVD's and printed scripts. I left here at 8:20, thinking I would be there by 9. It started at 10 and they asked me to come early. Well, I had no problem getting to the right subway stop. But then I couldn't find the building anywhere on the street. So finally I called Robin, and as she was explaining it to me, my phone died. Yes, I checked it before I left and it was charged. So I walked back and forth between Seoul station and Sookmyung stn, checking maps inside the subway, visiting various exits to see if they looked familiar. When I was about ready to cry, I called Robin with the emergency minute left on my phone, and asked for an exit number, but she didn't know right away, and that was all the time my phone had. She sent Helen to come get me. But Seoul station is huge and I kept walking back and forth, trying to get a clue. I ended up walking to Sookmyung station, and taking exit 10. Well, then everything fell into place. Finally I knew where I was, and when I walked in, I was only an hour late. They offered to let me sit while I gave the presentation because I had been walking for two hours. But I only know how to 'present' while standing up. They already had their handouts because I had e-mailed it to Robin ahead of time. So I just started talking. And answering questions. There was no time for the DVD. My being lost and coming in late came in handy for explaining how tapping is useful, and how to use it. Thank goodness it was good for something! Afterwards, everyone told me how much they enjoyed the presentation. As we sat down to a finger food lunch, they asked me more questions. It felt so good to be finished. I lent my DVD's to people I thought would listen to them. They gave me a hydrangea as a thankyou gift. Isn't it beautiful?
When I got home, Chris and Michele put on an Indiana Jones movie. When it was over, I checked e-mail again, unsubscribing people who responded to my plea to unsubscribe, reading articles, and playing solitaire while I waited for the video links to download. That pretty much described the rest of my day. Chris is going to bed early because he is playing an on-line game at 5am. All I can say is he's better be finished before church starts.
* With all this text, there is room for a pic from Tokyo*

No comments: