Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chippy takes a beating

I got up at 7, did a minute or two of exercise (didn't want to overdo it), and took a shower. Then I finished making the breakfast I started last night. I ate it with e-mail, and then got dressed and went to post. On the way down the apartment stairs I took a picture of the bike chained to the handrail. When I got to post, I drove to the elementary school and found a parking space. I signed in at the front desk and went to Ms. Jackson's room. I sat and watched while she got the kids ready to do their rotations. Then she had me work the smart board. It was full of colored circles, and the kids would take turns throwing a stuffed chipmunk at the board. Whichever circle they hit would reveal a subtraction problem involving borrowing. All the kids in the group would solve it, and then it was the next child's turn. Poor Chippy! Some of the kids would apologize to him before flinging him at the smart board. When rotations were over, I pulled a strip of fabric from my purse and tied his arm in a sling. The teacher found that amusing, and suggested he needed to wear it for a week. I think he just needs time to 'regroup'.
I then drove to the brown building at the bottom of the hill. Sure, it has a name, but I can never remember it. I RSVP'd in person for the VOY dinner and bought a ticket for Chris. Then I went home, stopping at the apartment building office to show them the pic of the bike. Hopefully she understood that I wanted it to be moved. Michele was just leaving for school. I cleared some e-mail, but there was a lot of reading and listening to do. Did you know that you can program seeds to produce fruit that is tuned to whatever your body needs by sucking on the seeds before you plant them? There is a little more to it, but it blew my mind. I took a break to finish the baby quilt from yesterday. I hand-sewed it shut, and stitched one row in the ditch, trying out my walking foot.
A man came to replace the dryer hose. I think he did more than that because of how long he was out there. He called someone who spoke English to tell us to always poke the hose out the window when the dryer is in use. We already do that so I am not sure why he thought we didn't. Then I took a Sudoku break. I finished the puzzle that had me stumped for several days, and two others. Chris came home and fixed leftover pork for supper. We watched "Once Bitten" from Netflix. Then I went back to my computer to read a little more, and now it is time for bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the dog and child look more like a painting than fabric. Amazing.
AL