Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom

I made breakfast and sat at my computer a little early. My Mom was having a birthday party (it was Tuesday night in the states) and I was hoping they would Skype me. And they did. I got to talk to everyone but William:( I got to see their new skylight. I am sure it is more impressive during the day. I helped sing the birthday song, and watched her blow out the candles. I even took pics through the magic of Skype! Unfortunately, the call got dropped so many times it gave me a headache. It made it hard to have a conversation. But God bless him, Kevin did everything he could to keep the connection going.
After that, I finished e-mail, then cut borders for a QOV and the Dahlia quilt. I was tired and felt like laying down, but knew that I would feel dissatisfied later if I did. Can't waste time. I also spent time on the old computer digitizing something for my mother. Had to download the image, change it to bmp, and convert it to a drawing that my software can handle. Got tired of that, and tried to watch a TQS show, but the download time was SOOOO bad, I gave up. Chris came home while I was putting the borders on the QOV top. We ate leftovers, and then I put the first round of borders on my dahlia. He turned in early 'cause he has to be at work at 4:30 for a teleconference call. I made him two sandwiches for tomorrow. He needs the energy for such a long day. Now it is time for bed. If the day was satisfactory, I will be able to sleep. If not, I will be kept awake by thoughts of all the things that didn't go right.

No comments: