Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday

We got up early to go to church since the pastor asked that we meet at the building across the parking lot, and process to the church with palm branches. When we gathered at the church, he passed out speaking parts. Someone else passed out the palm branches. They were from a Sago palm, which is VERY prickly. Could be used as a weapon. We sang as we walked over to the church. Then the pastor said a prayer as we paused, and then we sang the whole song over again, all six verses. In the service, members of the congregation read the story of Jesus, Barabbas and Pilate. Then we had a regular service, with special music from the choir. After the service, we had fruit, kimbap, and brownies. I skipped the brownies. A group of us discussed what Jesus would have done if the crowd had asked for him to be let go. And we wondered if Barabbas felt bad later. Maybe tried to turn himself back in.
We left the chapel to drive to gate 19. We parked and walked to E-Mart to buy natto. Passing through the Sinyongsan subway station, we noted that the exit under construction since early last fall is almost complete, and has escalators instead of steps. From gate 19 we proceeded to the commissary. I wished I had bought fresh veggies at E-Mart when I saw what the commissary had. But we bought other stuff. I called Michele on the way home to help us carry the groceries up. She and Chris put them away while I changed clothes. I read and deleted e-mail all afternoon. Not a lot comes in on Sunday so I really made some headway. Romaric came over to game. He brought me a bag of nuts - the kind you wash laundry with. You can also boil them to make shampoo. Well, I did make shampoo this afternoon, but I used a recipe I found on the internet - castile soap, lavender oil, and lemon juice. After supper I felt like watching a movie. So we tried two that I got from the thrift shop. The first was so bad we did not finish watching it. The second one was ok. But not worth seeing again. Michele washed the sheets this afternoon, so we had to dress the beds before we could turn in. And I am going to do that now.

No comments: