Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Quilt show

I can't believe I bought more fabric. Yes, the Happy Quilt man came to the luncheon today. No, I didn't need more fabric, but I bought some anyway. I showed up before 10, paid my fee, picked out a seat for me and for MaryAnn, and then got lost in the packages of fabric. I had brought some money for fabric, hoping not to spend it all, and I did have some left over, about $8. He gave me two for free. Then later, as I stood by our mini quilt show, he handed me another piece, not in a plastic packet. Must be my lucky day.
The theme this month is the '50's, although no one I talked to admitted to remembering them. A silent version of the movie Grease played on screens during the luncheon. Afterward, there was a hand jive contest, and then a Grease trivia contest. If I had known there was going to be a quiz, I would have watched the movie. Anyway, one person from each table went up front to participate. As they failed to answer questions, they were given a gift and sent back to their seats. But the top three got autographed pics from original cast members. The first prize winner got hers from John Travolta! We were all shocked and amazed.
Then I packed up my fabric and quiltshow items, and went to the bank with Mary Ann. We completed our banking, and went to my car. She helped me carry some of the fabric. We went to Itaewon for her to change money, and then I dropped her off at her car. I went home to wash fabric and check e-mail. I sewed a little cotton bag to put the washing nuts in, and tried it out. Seemed to work. Chris came home and had leftovers. Then Michele came home. And now, though there is more e-mail, I want to iron some of that fabric before I go to bed.

No comments: