Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

Chris and Michele got up by 5 to play an rpg game online. But I did not hear them. I think it was almost 8 when I awoke. They were finished by then, I think. Just some post-game chatter. I snuck into Michele's room to get her Easter basket. It was much smaller and more drab than I remembered. So I perked it up with some colorful selvage edges. I put in half of the chocolates I bought, and hid the other half around the room. I fixed breakfast, ate it while glancing at e-mail, and then took a shower. Chris was ready by the time I was dressed, but Michele had gone back to bed. I took out a bag of recyclables, while he got the car. We were a little early to church, so we sat and talked with other parishioners. Instead of a sermon, the kids put on a series of short scenes telling the Easter message. But it was not a performance only a mother could love. We all enjoyed it. After church we had more than the usual snacks, and the flowers were lovely. We stopped by the commissary to buy veggies and a bag of nuts to add to Michele's basket. Then we went home for awhile until it was time to leave. I changed my outfit when I realized I had an Easter bonnet - the hat I made for Derby day last year. I figured that if I couldn't wear the hat on Easter, when could I wear it? And I have a dress to match! So I wore it to the Hartell house for their Easter brunch. A room full of us had been invited by a couple in our church. I was excited because I had never eaten there before. It was very nice. There were food tables set up in every corner. I wish I had taken pics, but I was busy feeling self-conscious because NO ONE else was wearing an Easter hat. But I did get some nice comments. I had a plate of salad, and then one of shrimp. Both were very tasty. We talked for some time, listening to stories of how it used to be. When we finally left, it was after 2. We had a bit of a walk to our car since it was such a popular place. When we got home, I changed around, cleared some e-mail, worked on my sewing demonstration for tomorrow, boiled some eggs, and searched high and low for the spare phone batteries that I have not seen since we bought the phones in 2008. I found a ton of unfiled bills, receipts and statements. But no batteries. After supper we watched "Hot Shots" and then it was time for making the sandwich, writing the blog, and going to bed.

No comments: