Saturday, April 9, 2011

In-line skating

I thought Chris and Michele would be playing with the voices as usual, but they didn't. However, I did have my usual morning with breakfast and e-mail. When I finally pushed myself away from the computer, I went into my sewing room to audition borders for my dahlia quilt. There was a small fabric avalanche, but thankfully no one was hurt. Before 1, Chris and Michele left for post to see a movie that they didn't think I would want to see. Well, I had my own plans. I walked to Seobinngo station, just missing the train. As I sat to wait for the next one, I met a lady who was also waiting. We got into a conversation, and it turns out we were going to the same place - Oksu. When we got there, she transferred to another line, but I found the small exit that Helen had mentioned and took it down, down, down to the riverside. If I had known how many flights of stairs it was, I might have taken the elevator. Helen was waiting for me at the oval, where a few kids were practicing riding their bikes. It was a fairly smooth painted surface. I watched as she demonstrated how to fall, and then skated around once. Then she put her safety gear on me, and it was my turn. Amazingly, it was like ice skating. I caught on quickly, although it was very tiring because the skates are much heavier and bulkier.
Then, as we sat talking, a young Korean girl bought us some orange-like fruits, but they were smaller, and more tart, kinda like lemons. She came again, bringing news that her parents were musicians for a Korean musical and wanted to arrange for us to have tickets to come. So we gave her our phone numbers so she could text us. Then her parents came over to meet us. After they left, we stopped by the restroom, then went up to the subway station, and out the other side to find a restaurant. We ordered the squid and a something else with a fried egg. It was all good. But then it started to get chilly. So we went back to the subway station. We got on the same line, but headed in different directions. She wanted me to take the skates and practice, so I took them. I got off the train at Seobinngo and walked home. Chris and Michele were just finishing a movie. I suggested we watch Duplicity next. Chris was not enthused. Well, after about 45 minutes, neither was I. I could not follow the story line. Chris turned it off, and I started to fall asleep. So I went to bed, thinking I would get up later to do my blog, but I fell asleep.

No comments: