Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pincushion class, part 2

Chris' alarm went off in the wee hours of the morning. While he got up for work, I went back to sleep. All too soon, my alarm went off at 7. I shut it off and laid down for a few minutes. Then there was a time warp, and the clock skipped ahead to 8:45. I ate breakfast while reading e-mail. Then I grabbed the recyclables and dropped them off on my way to post. I drove to the thrift shop. I shelved the good books and DVD, and filled a box for charity with the rest. There wasn't really enough work for three hours, so I left early. There is a big old tree nearby, and I sat under it to read my book for awhile. But it wasn't very comfortable. So I headed home after half an hour. I ate lunch and watched some videos from e-mail. More and more of my e-mail is links to videos instead of printed articles. And that is bad, 'cause it takes an hour to download a 6 minute video. Needless to say, I gave up after only a few. How many games of solitaire can a person play while waiting?
I readied my dahlia for another round of borders, and then it was time for class. I walked to post and drove to the SPC. I set up the ironing board, and ironed the QOV from Monday. I found one more spot that needed reinforcing. So I set up a machine, and resewed it. Class attendance was sparse. But those who came worked hard. Melanie brought crushed walnut hulls for stuffing the pin cushions. I meant to take pics, but forgot. I started packing up at 8:10, but then someone started asking me questions, and then the Katusa came in at 8:30 to shoo us out. Yikes! So we rushed a little, and finally went home. I read a few more e-mails, then made Chris' sandwich for tomorrow. He hooked up his computer to the TV and we got to watch a few episodes of Big Bang. So now it is time for bed. He must be exhausted.
* Here is a Skype pic of my mother trying sign language with her right hand after having broken her wrist. *

No comments: