Friday, April 8, 2011

Free Friday

I did not have to go anywhere, so I got to stay home, reading e-mail, logging hours, cutting scraps, oh, and making a baby quilt. The quilt top was already done, I found it in the closet, so all I had to do was put on the batting and backing. The batting was a puffy polyester remnant I found, so I thought about tying the quilt. But decided that quilting in the ditch would make it last longer. It is for a lady in our choir. I am not sure when she is due. Chris did not eat his sandwich today because one of his coworkers brought in a ton of food that she just felt like making. He brought home leftover carrots and celery. So I ate them with some organic sunflower butter. Michele made herself a burrito. Chris wasn't hungry. He told me that if the gov't is shut down on Monday, he has to go into work and sign a piece of paper saying he understands that he won't be paid, and isn't allowed to do work until the shut down is over. And then he will come home.
We spent the evening watching episodes of The Big Bang Theory on TV, hooked to Chris' computer, and using the lighted speakers Michele got for Christmas.

No comments: