Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Catching up at the thrift shop


I followed my new morning routine: get up, make sandwich, dress, read book in courtyard, then breakfast and e-mail. I dropped off cardboard recycling on my way to post. I inventoried the remaining quilting rulers etc in my trunk. Then I went to the thrift shop. I was expecting loads of books. What was waiting for me was tons of DVD's, CD's and VHS. Oh my. Even with the help to two other ladies, we did not finish them all. Got two books shelved. Threw out lots of old PS2 games, and scratched or "Parental Advisory" CD's. Since I am required to add a large visible note to the PA ones, it is easier and quicker just to donate them to charity. We have too many CD's anyway. MaryAnn would have been shocked to see the bookroom. I couldn't tell whether parts had been reorganized, or were just badly out of place. I would have stayed longer to create more order, but the managers decided to close at 2. Then I went to the DHL to deposit a check. And then I went home. I had a few interviews to listen to while I ate lunch. All too soon, Chris was home and it was supper time. We had leftovers. After supper we watched three more episodes of Middleman. I tried to post to my blog, but I could not connect to the net and had to reboot my computer. I did not want to wait that long, so I restarted it, and went to bed. I forgot to soak my sprouts. I had put the broccoli sprouts in a container in the fridge, so they were ok. In the morning, I got up with Chris, made his sandwich, read for an hour in the courtyard, started a loaf of bread, and fixed breakfast. I ate that in front of the computer while checking e-mail. I could not believe how much had come in during the night. A bag pattern came in one e-mail and I printed it off as a possible Thursday night class project. I sent out more e-mails asking for suggestions. Finally I remembered that I hadn't posted to my blog yet, so here it is.
* Sue's quilt from show-and-tell yesterday *

No comments: