Monday, August 15, 2011

Last Day in the States

I awoke around 7, then got up and sat in the den. One by one other people got up too, and I watched the packing commence. Actually most things were packed, but still there was the inevitable rushing around to do last minute things. When the travelers had breakfasted and dressed and were ready, they got in the Cadillac and left for PA. That left Michele, Marie and I. Ah, the sound of silence. I ate breakfast and then Marie helped me check in on-line for our flight tomorrow. She printed out the e-tickets, too. I made tomorrow's breakfast and put plastic wrap over it, setting out the supplements, too. Then I packed up the supplement bottles, etc. I read some e-mail, then ate my leftover cheese while arranging my suitcase. Then I did some Sudoku outside, and picked three tomatoes from the garden. Then I did some serious work on my inbox. Just as the three of us were discussing when to go to Red Lobster for dinner, the doorbell rang. It was Darleen. I told the others to go without me. Darleen and I chatted for hours. We hadn't seen each other since highschool. She left around 10:30 and I ate an egg and the leftover salad from last night. We all went to bed. I had trouble sleeping even though I listened to my Ipod. Finally at 4:30 Marie knocked on my door. I got up to eat the breakfast I had prepared yesterday. I swallowed the supplements, got dressed, and stuck my nightgown in my suitcase. At 5 we left for the airport. Marie dropped us off at 5:30. We had trouble finding the luggage drop for Continental. We had to go through check-in anyway. Then we went through security. It went fine but I was nervous, expecting them to tell me I was doing it all wrong or finding something in my carry-on that they didn't like. Then we sat at gateB2 until we heard that our plane would be delayed. Then we moved to B4. The ticket agent had told us the wrong gate. Still waiting for our flight...

No comments: