Friday, August 26, 2011

Getting a few items quilted


I followed my new morning routine which begins by sitting barefoot in the courtyard and reading for an hour. Then breakfast and e-mail. But I had to cut the e-mail time short, take a shower and get dressed. I grabbed my quilt top and tablerunner top and backings and a square ruler and headed out. I meant to be at the AnC center at 9, but there is always that one last thing to do before I leave. Today it was taking my supplements. Also, I ran into someone on the way who wanted to chat for a minute. When I arrived at the AnC center, Judy was waiting for me. We had not seen each other in months so we had to catch up. Then I tried to start the longarm, but there was no power. I got Ms. Kim, who flipped the breaker. Then we were in business. Judy and I pinned the quiltbacking on and I was cutting a piece of batting when Cathy arrived. Although I could longarm without her, she makes it go so much faster and is willing to do the fancier stuff that requires a better knowledge of the software than I have. Between the three of us, we picked patterns and quilted the bright on black quilt top, and the tablerunner. Cathy pieced a snowflake border from a snowflake fill. It was so good we decided to save it in case someone else wanted to use it. It was almost 5 before we left. I dropped Judy off at the Hartell House, then I went home. Chris was already home because 'they' had let everyone go home an hour early. However he was not cooking supper. I was famished having skipped lunch and only having some nuts. So I ate leftovers. I did not see him or Michele have supper at all. But later when we sat down to watch 3 episodes of Middleman, they shared a bowl of popcorn. The last episode we watched had Kevin Sorbo in it. Still looking good. Michele and I did some muscle testing on each other. That was fun and informative. Then it was 10 pm and I was tired. So we went to bed. Chris had set his alarm for 8am, but I awoke much earlier. When I got up, it woke him up too. It was so hot, we decided to put on the AC. We had some private time, and then got up at 8. He sat with his laptop to wait for the 'voices' to start. I went downstairs to read. It was nice and there were no kids on the playground, but some kid in a nearby apartment was NOT happy. I did some tapping to tune that out. I also brought my ipod and that helped too. Finally I went back upstairs for breakfast and e-mail. There was a podcast about the benefits of proper hydration and good water. Municipal water is typically full of prescription drugs that were in waste water, but the processing plant is not equipped to filter them out.

No comments: