Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The interview



I followed my usual morning routine. Looking at my e-mail (which took until 1 to finish), I read that you are 35,000 times more likely to get sick from other foods than from raw milk. So why is banning the sale of raw milk such a big thing for the gov't? In the afternoon, I worked on making a few more blocks for my purple and green quilt. I took a shower and put on my best shorts and top. I turned on the AC so I wouldn't sweat. But then there was the walk to post. Chris picked me up at the gate. He was so nicely dressed in his suit, holding the car door open for me. It was like having my own limousine. He drove us to his office. He put my cell phone and camera in his office. Then we walked across another pedestrian bridge to the 8th army building. I had never been inside and wanted to take pictures. It is quite nice. But apparently that would be a no-no, and posting it to my blog would be A REALLY BIG NO-NO. When we got to the conference room, there were other people there. We were early so we waited a bit. Then a general arrived to ask us questions about how well the Army Family Covenant was working, what wasn't working, etc. I think Chris and I were the only civilians there. It was very interesting to hear what army spouses had to say and I got to speak my piece too. I had a little speech prepared but did not get to use all of it. I was nervous, but Chris said I did well. We walked out talking to ladies from 2ID. Then we went back to his office. I thought he was going to drive me to the gate, but it was 20 minutes to 5, so I read the latest "Community Connections". Well, something came up and it was almost 40 minutes before he was ready to leave. When we got home, we could smell something wonderful cooking. Too bad it wasn't coming from our apartment. Chris cooked chicken legs while I listened to a subliminal mp3 and Michele watched episodes of CSI. I was going to sew after supper, but watching the latest episode of TQS filled the rest of the evening.
* from unnamed quilt show in Seoul *

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty quilt. I would have framed it too, if it were in my posession. Have a great week.
AL from CA