Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday


Woke up way too early, again. Started in on e-mail. Since more comes in everyday, I feel like I am not getting very far. Finally got so sick of it that I ... are you ready for this?.... cleaned the refrigerator! Yes, all the shelves, pulled out the bins, etc. Threw out things that were unidentifiable. Then back to the salt mines, as they say. It occurred to me that I could be doing thing in my sewing room. So I went in there, but the floor was full of two unassembled bookcases. Without instructions, or even a picture, putting them together was like a puzzle. I did not get the first one right, but it did give me more information for the second one. I had to find a screwdriver that would fit the tiny sideways screw holes. I kept thinking, if William were here, he would have it done by now. After I assembled the first one in the sewing room, with only a few parts leftover, I had to get in into place next to the entertainment 'center'. It was really heavy and I had to rest my back after inching it over there. So I decided to assemble the second one next to its final resting place. I pulled out the round table and cleaned the floor beneath it. Then I was able to slide the bookshelf into place. Having the bookcases allows me to see how ineffective the round tables were at utilizing space. Again, I had to rest. While I was resting, Chris cooked supper. He made flounder, fish sticks, corn and pirogies. After supper, I listened to an interview with Gary Taubes. It was an hour and twenty two minutes long. I may have dozed off. But I got at least one point of his message - low fat diets are bad for you because they replace the fat with carbs, simple carbs. And it is the simple carbs that make you fat. Having dozed off, I decided to go to bed. I remembered to soak my sprouts, and then it was lights out.

No comments: