Saturday, August 6, 2011

Shopping is a nice break


While Mom and Dad were at the fitness center, I wrote to my blog, and patched up Dad's pajama top, then put a buttonhole in it and sewed a button to the other side. Then I got in the car and went to Fresh Market. I wanted more coconut milk, but they did not have the right product, so I got the coconut water instead. I also bought celery and raw, organic cheese. Interestingly, it is the same one I get at the commissary. When I got home, my father was preparing lunch. I gave them both some kimchi. I think they are developing a taste for it. I poured myself a glass of fermented coconut milk and Mom drank it. I juiced up carrots, celery, squash, zuchini, and some cucumber. We all had some for lunch. Mom really seemed to like it. After lunch Dad fell asleep on the floor. I tried to read some e-mail and Mom told me to finish her quilt. She seemed to want me to go to the fabric store and buy quilt binding. So I did. They did not have binding that matched, so I bought some fabric and matching thread. I also got some Wonder-Under 'cause when I needed it I did not have it. On the way back, I stopped at Food Lion. They had coconut milk, and panti-liners, which the Px and commissary did not have when I left Korea. When I got home, Dad was awake. So I set up the cutting mat, but then got distracted. It was supper time and Dad has a very specific routine for that. How slow can he go? I think Mom was hungry so I tried to hurry him up. He insisted on microwaving their meals, and I ate mine cold. He kept adding food to his plate after he had finished the entire thing. I can't believe how much he eats and he stays so thin. She eats a lot too. Just when I think she is finished, he will offer her something else, and she accepts it. So I gave her some kimchi and bean sprouts. After supper, when he finally was ready, we took her for a spin. He walks very fast, and sometimes he runs with her downhill to get some momentum for going uphill. It scares me to see cars come when he is doing that. I had a hard time keeping up 'cause I had just eaten. But so had he. And he ate more than I did. When we got back, I got Mom in the tub. She washed herself and I did her back. Then Dad got her out and dried her off. I dressed her for bed, put her night splint on, and set the radio. Now I am exhausted and ready to go to bed. * The view through their front window. Don't ask me why I took it. *

No comments: