Sunday, August 7, 2011

Church

I woke up around 7. Got Mom washed, and dressed for church. We ate breakfast and then I dressed myself. I packed some walking clothes and two hard-boiled eggs. We arrived at church only a minute or two late. Faye was already there and helped us get Mom in her wheelchair. Dad ran her up the ramp into the church. Sunday School had just started and we joined in. When it was over, I wheeled Mom into the sanctuary. People were standing around chatting but did not speak to her. I guess they thought she was totally out of it. After church there was a fellowship hour. They had fresh fruit and vegetables. I talked to a few people, mostly Shirley W. who is a retired nurse. She agreed that Mom would benefit from an adult day care center. Most people had gone when Barbara came over to tell me how much she liked my purple quilt top that was in the quilting frame there at church. After she left, we changed our clothes and went to Regency Mall. We ordered lunch at Subway. I got a veggie salad to which I added the two hard-boiled eggs. Then Dad went outside to powerwalk, while Faye and I whisked Mom around inside the mall, about 4 rounds. When Dad joined us, he and Faye got Mom up to walk slowly around, supported on both sides. I followed them with the empty wheelchair - 2 rounds. We sat and talked about their trip coming up, and then went home. It was almost supper time. I juiced up some celery, parsley, squash, cucumber, zuchini and carrots. Mom drank two small glasses, I had one, and Dad had one and a half. Mom also drank some coconut milk. Then Dad fixed individual pizzas and bowls of icecream. I ate kimchi, pork, cheese, and sprouts. After supper, I took Mom to get her teeth brushed. I had to change her clothes for that, and then she wanted to go to bed, even though it was still daylight. So I read to her for awhile so she wouldn't sleep too early. When I began missing words, she told me that if I was tired I could stop. It was full and complete sentence, properly spoken. I was amazed. I attributed it to the fresh vegetable juice. I wanted to work on the binding for her quilt, when I saw William's truck. So I went out back to find him and visit for awhile. He showed me an Ipod he got for 25 cents on a yard sale. It has both pictures and music. He also had the docking station which includes speakers, but he bought that separately. He said I could have it. I let it play while I cut binding strips. He also showed me a sewing machine. It has a problem, but he says the motor works fine and it is a 220 machine. Just the sort of thing I could use in Korea, but too heavy to put in my suitcase. After he left, I started posting to my blog. Then Dad came by to say goodnight. This will be the first time he has gone to bed before I did, and it is not midnight yet.

No comments: