Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weeding books


Like yesterday, I got up after Chris left. I dressed and went downstairs to read. However, this morning there was an old Korean woman sitting on a bench on the other side of the courtyard. When I sat on the bench nearest my building, she came and sat at the other end of it. She did not talk to me, but sat there watching my building. After a while she got up and sat on a third bench, facing me and talking on her phone. Then a young Korean woman came up to me and gave me an apple in a plastic wrapper. She then sat on the bench with the older woman, watching her as she talked on her phone. Thoroughly perplexed, I read past my usual hour and then went upstairs for breakfast. I cleared some e-mail, and took a shower. Then I went to the thrift shop. There were lots of children's books, but little room for them on the shelf. So I sat on the floor and went through every book. Many were not in good shape, or had been there a long time. I weeded out quite a few. There were lots of Korean kids books so Ella asked Ms. Chung to weed those. I had just enough room to put out the books I had time for. Then I went to the ATM for money to pay Ella for her machine on behalf of Sue. I got the one with no foot pedal too. When I put them in my trunk, I pinched a nerve, and sat in the car wondering what to do. I ended up going home. I had a late lunch which became supper. I cleared more e-mail, and fought the flight website to record frequent flier miles for Michele and myself. I finished the backing for one quilt top, and wondered if I should use the leftover batting from the black and bright quilt. Chris came home and had leftovers for supper. I put on a movie called "One Week". I think it is a Canadian film. Michele and I enjoyed it. Then I reviewed my remaining quilt tops in progress to see if another one would make better use of my leftover batting. A definite maybe.
* Another pic from the unknown quilt show *

No comments: