Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hair Day


It is the next day and I can't remember what all happened yesterday. Late morning Dad and I took Mom to the barber shop for their monthly visit. She got her hair washed and braided, and Dad got his hair cut. We ate lunch. Dad took a nap on the floor after lunch. I had to promise to wake him after 15 minutes. Chris did laundry and towels. He refreshed the ant bait. 99 percent of the ants are gone, but he says there are more in the pupal stage and we need to keep this up until those are dead, too. Chris took me to the Vitamin Store because I ran out of krill oil. We stopped at Fresh Market for bean sprouts. Faye came over with her juicer, to say goodbye to Chris. He made supper and ate with us before he left for his parents house. I took my mother into her bedroom to help me make some decisions about all the mess. We cleaned a few things off the dresser and out from in front of the closet. Dad told me not to touch any of his piles. Sigh. When she was put to bed, I came out to write to my blog, but my father wanted to use his laptop to count pills. He offered me the use of his desktop, but it would not connect to the net. Finally I went to bed in William's room, exhausted.
I awoke to the sound of the alarm in the master bedroom. I heard Dad go in and shut it off. After awhile I got up to see if Mom was awake, and there was Dad, in bed with her. He normally sleeps on the floor in front of her in case she gets up during the night. I guess his burning the candle at both ends caught up with him. So I left the house and walked to a yardsale that William told me about when he broke the bad news that I couldn't go with him. I bought a rolling suitcase and some books. They had American Girl dolls there, so I called my m-i-l to see if she wanted one for the grandkids, but she didn't. Guess I woke her up after taking Chris to the airport. When I got back to the house, Mom's side of the bed was empty. I rushed into the bathroom to see if she was there. But it was my Dad. She was sleeping on his side of the bed. I I fixed breakfast for both of us and wanted to get her up to eat it. He had to give her Fosamax first. By the time I got her washed and dressed, it took half an hour, so she could eat breakfast. But the oatmeal had been standing too long, and she had trouble swallowing it, so I mixed more water in. After she ate, we started with the pills. We gave them with applesauce today because of her tendency to put more water in her mouth than she can comfortably swallow. She wanted me to feed her, too, rather than try it herself. After breakfast I gave her a word search book that I got on the yard sale. She found one word and circled it with her left hand, the only one that works. Then she got tired of it. Dad found the bag that I chucked trash from the dresser, and told me he needed that bag for his shoes. It was ripped! As he prepared to take Mom to the fitness center, I checked my e-mail on his laptop. He had bought a Diaper Genie only to find out that it was mising a part. I had written to the company and they send me an e-mail that they were sending another whole unit to the house. It will arrive in 7 to 10 days. I probably won't be here, but I think he can figure it out. He wanted me to sew a button on his pajama shirt, way up at the top, and to use the buttonhole Mom had already made. The buttonhole needs to be completey remadem but it is doable. I refreshed the antbait, and am now blogging. Forget the rest of the e-mail, this computer is just too slow. I guess it reflects its owner. At least I am down to 80 unread e-mails.
* Mom is getting her hair washed *

No comments: