Monday, August 22, 2011

Quilting day


I woke up early, but got up when Chris did. I dressed and went down to the courtyard to read for an hour. Chris greeted me as he walked by on his way to the parking garage. When my hour was up, I went upstairs to have breakfast with e-mail. I finished all the new stuff and quit so I would have time to shower and dress before quilting. I also prepared cheese cubes and broccoli sprouts for lunch. I called Cathy to see if she wanted a ride. She didn't. I gathered up the plastic recyclables, and dropped them off on my way to the parking lot on post. I drove to the SPC. Cathy was already there, so we chatted for just a moment before she had to leave. She left some show-and-tell items. I was going to do that when it seemed most people had arrived, but we had a small group all day. I was surprised and glad to see some new faces. Hopefully they will tell their friends they had a good time. Cathy returned around noon so we had show-and-tell then. She demonstrated a paper-pieced flower and pot. Then we broke for lunch. After lunch we finished up a few more baby quilts and put them in a bag for Cathy to take to the hospital. The Stork's Nest is closed for cleaning up mold, so the quilts will go to the regular obstetrics dept for awhile. I wanted to get to the DHL before their bank closed at 3, but one lady wouldn't leave until she finished the quilt she was working on and I missed my chance. Oh well, tomorrow is another chance. I went home. Michele was on her computer as usual. She had emptied the dishwasher and restacked it. I read the newest e-mail to come in, and then cleaned up the tape in my sewing room. It was good for picking up stray threads on my cutting board. By then Chris was home. He cooked bison for supper. After supper we watched 3 episodes of Middleman on Michele's computer using the flashing speakers that Faye gave us. I fell asleep during the last one, so they decided to quit for the night. I put supper away and went to bed. Chris was in bed by that time and we... went to sleep. I woke up at 5:45. I made his sandwich. When he got up to take a shower, I dressed and went downstairs to read. Then I ate breakfast, read e-mail, soaked my sprouts. The broccoli sprouts are doing very well, but the adzuki ones are not. Now I need to shower and go to the thrift shop.
*Here is the quilt Mary made. *

No comments: