Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Finishing tops



I spent all morning checking e-mail and reading articles. After lunch, I worked in my sewing room. I had to finish a few short projects to get the space to do larger ones. Specifically, to finish quilt tops and make backings for them so I can get them all quilted before we PCS, wherever, whenever. I put a border on the one in the picture, and found a suitable silk backing for a tablerunner. I was working on a third top when Michele mentioned that it was 6:30 and Chris wasn't home. She was the last one to see him because the two of them took lots of cash out of the bank and deposited it in a Korean bank to pay her tuition this afternoon. I called him and soon after that, he called me back. He was working late. He had left me an e-mail, but I hadn't been on e-mail all afternoon. I also got an e-mail from my sister who had experienced a bit of an earthquake. Luckily she was all right, and no property damage either. Chris is going to bed early because he has to be at work at 6 for a teleconference. So I might as well go early too.

No comments: