Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday at the Damours


I awoke minimally to the sound of pounding feet. Michele's younger cousins were up. But I was able to doze off a few more times before I got up. I took a bath and ate breakfast. By then it was almost lunch time, so when the others ate, I didn't. After lunch Michele and I watched "Bell, Book, and Candle" so we could return it to Netflix. Then I went outside to listen to a meditation tape while having my bare feet in contact with the ground. I might have dozed off too, but now and then an ant would bite me. As the CD ended, I felt a few raindrops, so I went in. I laid down on the sleeper sofa in the livingroom to take a nap. But the noise level in the house kept me from falling completely asleep. Cecily, Alfred, and Marie went to 5pm mass. When they got back, we all went to Kanpai. It is a Japanese steak house owned by a Korean. Our chef and waitress were both from Korea so Michele and I practiced talking to them. I got the chicken and scallops. I did not eat much of the rice. William and Olivia did not eat their salads so I ate one of theirs and took the other one home. When we got back, I got on the desktop computer to read e-mail. Some of the others played CLUE. Now the kids are being put to bed. I hope my parents and sister are doing well in PA.

No comments: