Sunday, August 28, 2011

Getting advice on an apartment contract


I woke up at 6ish. By 6:30 I was in the courtyard reading. After an hour I came up and climbed back into bed with Chris. Eventually we took a shower and got dressed. I ate breakfast. Then we went to church. We were told that our service might get canceled after September (the end of the fiscal year). We had a new family attend today, but they did not come in the fellowship hall for refreshments. Chris counted money after the service, and then sat with the choir members (who are Korean) to review the contract for the apt. Michele wants to get with her friend. They told him they thought it was priced too highly, among other things. Also, it includes a housekeeper. That means an older woman who cleans public areas like stairwells, and cooks breakfast and dinner for residents. So far so good. And she enforces a curfew and screens visitors. As a parent I like that, but how many college students would go for it? Anyway, after that conversation, we went to the commissary for groceries. Then home. Michele helped to put them away. She had folded yesterday's laundry, and I hung up Chris' shirts. Chris stripped the beds and washed the sheets. Then we all watched a couple of movies. I quickly checked e-mail, careful not to let it swallow my whole day. Then I spent some time working to put finishing touches on another quilt top. I was piecing the backing when I quit. I listened to a scratched CD that I brought home from the thrift shop. It played fine so I will take it back and put it out for sale. Chris and Michele watched episodes of Merlin on her computer. And now it is time for bed. *Here is another quilt from an unnamed quilt show *

No comments: