Sunday, August 21, 2011

Walking the streets


Woke up at 5, decided to get an early start on e-mail. When Chris got up, I joined him in the shower, and then had breakfast. We were early to church for once. After church we had the usual refreshments minus the fruit. I talked to the organist for quite some time. Then we drove to the Px to buy Dr. Bronner soap, and to the class 6 for beer. That was followed by a trip to the commissary. Geri was there, and she told me there is a sewing machine at the thrift shop waiting for me to check it out. Chris and I shopped for the usual items. I used Chris' phone to call Michele for some help carrying up the groceries. When they were put away, Chris proposed that we go looking for a game shop that he recently heard about. It was kind of near where Michele goes to college, so we took the same bus she takes, and then went one stop on the subway. It took a little walking, but we found it. Here is a pic of Michele standing in the store. And then we retraced our steps back to our place. Speaking of steps, there were a lot of them, and I was still sore from yesterday. Chris wanted his hair trimmed, so we went out on the back porch and shortened it. I went back to e-mail to see what interesting articles came in today. Chris made barbequed pork in the oven. We ate that while watching Legend. Then we watched Dear John. I soaked my sprouts (some of which are ready to eat) and now it is time to say good night.

No comments: