Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It was dark and stormy night...

It may sound like a cliche detective novel, but it was true. It was so stormy that the tornado sirens were blowing. We did not know then what they were. It was scary and would have been even scarier hearing such a sound in Korea. The next morning was warm and sunny, like nature was making up for the previous night. Bob called in the morning to ask about water in the basement. I hadn't checked because I thought we had mostly wind. But when I did, there it was; water. He came over with towels and we cleaned it up. Kurt called as we were cleaning. He is thinking of taking a train to visit. He wanted to know how close we are to Atlanta and to Louisiana. Then I went back down. Bob had finished and he left. But I discovered that a little more water was coming into the closet, so I put down some towels. It was a beautiful day. I opened some windows. I ate my salad outside, then raked leaves in my barefeet. I spent the afternoon unpacking glassware. Most of the boxes were in the basement, so I would fill the laundry basket, then carry it up and place the items on the table by color. Some of the blue and red pieces went up in the kitchen. They are for decorating, but I have too many. Some will go back in a box, but they will be organized, and pairs and sets will be wrapped together. I made significant space in the den. Chris came home and started chicken and rice. A lady came over for boxes. But she already had some boxes in her car. I think she only took one. But upon seeing the donation pile, she went to town. She couldn't get as much in as she wanted so she is coming back tomorrow. After that, I cleaned up all the paper from the unpacking. I quit for supper. Chris made very tasty chicken. We also had some salad. MaryAnn and I skyped for a bit, and then Chris and I watched episodes of Castle in the basement. I was so tired after the fourth one, that Chris carried me to bed (no blog).

No comments: