Wednesday, January 18, 2012

More boxes get unpacked

I had breakfast with e-mail as usual. I wanted to load some files onto the YQ Facebook page, but could not find a suitable place. Of course one of Chris' friends saw me on there and wanted to chat. At the same time, one of my friends texted me on skype. I did not unpack any new boxes yesterday, partly due to moving things out of the 'flood zone', and organizing the sewing area to clear the table. So I felt compelled to be particularly productive today. I was finally able to clear the table (yea!), but not the desk where I sew (boo). However, I did unpack a number of boxes in the area where I plan to put a side table by the sofa. Most of the stuff was yarn, which I had to separate into categories and bag accordingly. But there was more fabric in with the skeins. I needed another box just for them. (If I take it out of one box and put it in another box, does it count?) And then there was the rolling suitcase of American Girl Doll clothes. I went through those too, putting the shoes and socks in a tiny box, and lining up the outfits to fit into the doll box. There were more games, and puzzles. And, wonder of wonders, a cat litter box. Now where did that come from? We have never had a cat.
I thought about Chris being a founding member of Seige of Augusta. Probably back when it was only Fistfight of Augusta. Records are not clear, but it might have gone something like this:
"You wouldn't recognize a flank attack if you ran into it head on."
"Hey, take that back."
"No."
"Take it back or I'll make you take it back."
"Oh yeah? You and whose army?"
And with the answer to that question, Seige was born.
Ok, so unpacking can be boring. Gotta keep my mind occupied somehow. Someone said to me "Aren't you about finished?" Makes me laugh. Better than crying. No, I am nowhere near finishing. And anyway, that would imply that there is a end point. Ha, ha. Can't see it from here.
Chris came home late, but as usual I was still unpacking in the basement. I came up to have a bowl of bean soup, and then we went down to watch another DVD of episodes of Castle. It is pretty good. Now that it is after 11, Chris is off to bed, and I sit here writing. I did try to google prices of Pokemon cards. I found a notebook full of them and wonder if they are worth selling, or should I just Freecycle them.
* Here is a picture of the stairwell going down into the basement. It is a source of frustration for two reasons. One, the heat in the basement collects here instead of being down where we watch TV. Two, it is empty and I wish I could find a way to turn it into storage. Any ideas? *

No comments: