Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tues, Jan 3rd


Chris got up early and went to work. I got up around 7:15 but got cold so I went back to bed. When I warmed up, I got dressed and went out to the kitchen for breakfast. Chris called while I was making breakfast to be sure I was up and ready for Bob. After breakfast I went downstairs to move all the boxes away from the wall where the outlets were in case Bob had to take the paneling down. He arrived when I was installing a curtain rod in the master bath. We talked for a bit, then he went downstairs to see what the problem was. He took apart the unscrewed outlet and found that the hot wire was broken, and too short. So he left to get a new outlet, wire, wirenuts, etc. He completely replaced it and checked to see if it was grounded. The other outlets were wired like Christmas lights. Once he replaced the one that didn't work, the others started working again. He showed me a new way to operate the garage doors. Boy, was it cold outside! Then he left. I took one of the tubs Faye bought me for Christmas and loaded it with wool fabrics. Now they are protected. I think I'll put dressy fabrics in the other one. I also put quilting scraps in the small tub vacated by the wool fabric. Now I am sitting down to write notes for my blog which I cannot post from here. But tomorrow Knology comes and we will be reconnected to the world. Maybe this house will seem more like a home when we can surf the net and watch TV.

Lunch was a large salad and a hard-boiled egg. I used most of the salad dressing that Chris made. After lunch I tried on the dresses from last night. I was too tired then to decide which should stay and which should go. I put the 'to be donated' clothing in a box. Then I tried to organize the hall closet by sorting the sheets and pillowcases into sets, and placing each set into a case. I only got so far because I found a number of incomplete sets. I hope the missing pieces aren't at Michele's apt. It was after 5 and Chris arrived home from work. I called Deb to see if the meeting was still on. It was, and she had sent an e-mail with the address (which I did not get ). I read the map one more time to memorize the route and where to bear left to follow the main road. I kissed Chris goodbye, and drove off. It was after dark and I was worried about getting lost. But was very excited when the trip went perfectly. I arrived on time. A few other ladies came in about the same time. We all sat down and began to talk. Then Deb started Show-n-Tell. I showed my large wallhanging that won the Army quilting contest. Other people had quilts in various stages of progress. They had a pizza box exchange. Then Deb showed us the fabric sets for the Buck-a-Block program at Huntsville Sew-n-Vac. We could sign up for the set we liked best. Then once a month we come in to buy a 'block' which includes the instructions and the fabric strips to make it. There is a one-time purchase of Thangles paper. Each set actually makes two blocks, so at the end of the year we will have 24 blocks. She was not sure how big each block would be. I did not sign up. It was very tempting. But I took a vow not to buy any fabric until Michele graduates. And I want to see a block made in the purple and gold batik set before I decide if it would be worth it. We set tentative dates for a Ricky Tims kaleidoscope class and an Open Sew session. When the meeting was over, I checked my map once again to be sure I could get home. Then I braved the cold and headed out. When I got home, Chris kissed me and I ate some onion soup and cheese. We listened to another CD of “The Book of Forgotten Things”. Then we went to bed.

No comments: