Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It was a warm and sunny day...


...when I got up. Well, not so warm at first, but it warmed up nicely by afternoon. I installed a coat hook in the closet downstairs. Had the darnedest time finding a flat-head screwdriver. Finally used the driver with a drill bit. I could not get the screws in far enough, so changed them out for shorter screws. I also assembled an end table in the den. The driver came with just the right insert for that - a square one. I opened the windows and turned off the heat. I emptied another box in the den, and several in the tornado room. I could not get the boxes out of the room because the door is blocked by other boxes, so I had to carry a few items out at a time. One box marked "X-mas" had no Christmas items in it. Another marked 'glassware' had no glassware in it. I arranged some glasses and glass plates in the china cabinet. I took a break to rake some of the front lawn, and then ate a salad. I did some more unpacking. I found the first quilt I made for Michele. It was wrapped around a doll with a broken head. I am airing it out and will have to wash it. Now I think all of the 'fun' boxes are empty. As far as I can see, only book boxes are left. But I am missing some glasses from sets, so there must be another box of that, or they are in with the books. I opened a box of Michele's old clothes. Some of them might fit me. Others are too small, even for her. I think her tastes will change by the time she graduates so she won't want them anymore. Chris made soup for supper. Then we watched the rest of season 2 of Castle. Soon we'll be in bed. Tomorrow is another day. It's kind of like "Groundhog Day".
* I have been meaning to mention that Trish had a book called "Once-a-month Cooking". I was impressed that she shops one evening after work, does some prep work on the next evening, and then spends 6 hours on Saturday cooking, and packing and labeling meal-size freezer containers. And then she's done until next month. She says it saves money as well as time. And if she needs a dish for church, all she has to do is thaw and reheat something already cooked. *

No comments: