Saturday, January 14, 2012

A great day


I was thrilled to wake up and see the sun shining. As I ate breakfast, I sat in the streaming sunlight. It just felt good. I guess I sat there pretty long, first eating and then reading e-mail on my laptop. When the sun rose too high, we went on errands. First we dropped off my embroidery machine at Huntsville Sew and Vac to see if they could fix it. Then we went to post to return a DVD, and check our p.o. box. Finally we went to Publix as a reconnaissance mission. We bought some veggies and checked to see if they have our other favorite items, too. Then on the way home, we monitored the odometer to see if it was closer than Kroger. Nope. Too bad, it is a newer, cleaner, brighter store than Kroger. Chris disappeared into the basement. I was pleased to find that he was unpacking book boxes. I joined him down there. We got a lot done. Later I noticed a strange red light outside the window. A couple from Freecycle had come with a U-haul to get cardboard boxes and paper. Yea! Then another couple came. They only got a few boxes, but she went through the give-away pile and took a bunch of puzzles and things for crafting. Double yea! Then I went upstairs for supper. Chris had already had his. Then we watched Chicken Run on our DVD player. We have unpacked two VCR's: one was broken and the other one broke yesterday. So, do we get rid of all the VHS tapes, or hope one of the remaining boxes has another VCR in it? This cuts our viewing choices roughly in half, maybe more. Anyway, after watching the movie, and seeing the special menu features, I put the DVD in my laptop to see the games. Sadly, no. The dvd opens a window to a webpage that is no longer active. So, while Chris read a book, I read more e-mail. I read about desktop pets (one comes with the video). Seems they are virtual 'pets' that you can create, and then you have to feed them, walk them, or whatever is appropriate. When I read that you can watch them grow old, it really made me sad, even though I don't even have an IDEA for one, much less a created version begging me to play with it. Stupid, huh?

*This is the wall Bob took apart. He was supposed to come back today and finish the job*

No comments: