Thursday, January 12, 2012

Organizing my linen closet

The porch was wet again today. The temp dropped from 50 to 30 and by late afternoon it was snowing. I did not go out. Instead, I spent the morning grouping the towels in the linen closet. I added a free-standing shelf on the top shelf. You can just barely see it in this pic. That allowed me to put more blankets in. I did not find a set of guest towels, so I pulled out the two best ones and put them in the guest room. There were no matching washcloths either. That means there is another box of towels somewhere. I selected toppers for the computer room and put the rest downstairs in the 'curtain' box. I took a moment to load the dishes in the dishwasher, and to test the four timers I found. One did not ring so I threw it out. I arranged the others by how well they rang. I thought I heard someone talking on a cell phone. When I looked out the front door, there was a Fed-ex van and I saw a box on my porch. Why didn't she ring the bell? Then I ironed a bag of crumbled strips and neatly stacked them in a paper box. Since I had found another box of denim and corduroy, I had to separate them and box each by itself. Then I had to rearrange the boxes on the shelving units to accommodate the new box. I finally took a break for lunch, and started listening to a audio. Chris came home early and surprised me (by coming home early). He called Knology and had another chat. I went downstairs again to work. When he came down, he told me that he had canceled the phone and cable, and that they would be turned off at midnight. I considered watching all the cable I could until then, but figured it would be better not to know what I am missing (if anything). Then Chris called Michele on Skype. So we all had a wonderful chat. It was so good to hear her voice. Chris fixed himself a burrito. About 6:45, we had run out of things to say, so we hung up. I made a cup of tea while Chris went downstairs to turn the TV to BBT on CBS. I hurriedly put away the towels which were stacked on our bed. Then I joined him downstairs. After BBT, we watched half an episode of Bones, and then on TBS we saw 4 more episodes of BBT, all re-runs. At ten, we turned off the TV and headed upstairs for bed and blog. So much for cable. It was nice while it lasted, but certainly not worth the highly inflated price they are trying to charge us (as opposed to the slightly inflated price we signed up for). Maybe William can find us a digital box so we can watch the free channels.

No comments: