Sunday, January 8, 2012

VHS


We slept late but got up early enough to have breakfast and shower before church at 10:45. Baptism was the theme of today's sermon. With all the rain, it seemed appropriate. After church we went home a different way than we came. Ask the GPS why. Then Chris and I had another 'discussion', longer than usual. We both had our say. But did we settle anything? Chris and I went downstairs to move some furniture in the sewing area. We put Michele's chifferobe in there to house fabric. Then I rearranged a little, and unpacked some VHS tapes. Chris removed a low-hanging closet bar so I could put some under-the-shelf baskets there. He made pork for supper. It was very good. Then I went back downstairs. There were more videos to unpack. Why do we need so many videos? And why are the boxes marked with high-dollar security tags? Chris helped me identify the VHS that we replaced with DVD's so I could put them on the donate pile. Then we sat on the couch to watch "The English Patient". I swear we have seen it before (long before) but so much of it I did not remember. Same for Chris. Well, it was enjoyable and diversionary. When it ended, the time was later than Chris realized, so he went to bed. And I alone am left to tell the tale....

No comments: