Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Day - going home.

When I got up, Mom was dressed and finishing her breakfast. I had fixed mine the night before, so I got it out of the fridge, ready to eat. Then I bathed, dressed, and fixed Mom's hair. Chris was ready to go. When I went to say goodbye, Dad had taken Mom to the bathroom. So I went back there to hug them goodbye. Then we were on the road. We finished listening to the book on CD that we started on the way up. I had trouble following it due to road noise and the way it was read. We ate the remaining hard-boiled eggs at lunchtime. Later we stopped at a Subway for a salad and a sandwich. It was at the same exit we have stopped at twice before: once at the Wendy's and once at the Cracker Barrel. When the first book was finished, we started another one. It had less conversation in it, so it was easier to follow. We did not finish it by the time we arrived home circa 6:15 central time. We unloaded the car, and unpacked our suitcases. The state of the house was depressing: boxes and stuff everywhere. Chris and I had a 'discussion'. I threw out the fermented coconut milk from two weeks ago, and he made another batch. Then we went downstairs to watch the DVD of Back to the Future. I have seen it before, but not for a long time. We retired then for the night. No internet means no blogging.
It is New Year's Day and for some that means resolutions. But I don't make New Years' resolutions. My philosophy is that anything worthy of being a resolution should be started right away. I don't wait for the first of the year, or of a month, or even of a week. Usually I only wait until morning. (All my best ideas come in the middle of the night)

No comments: