Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chris makes a mean salad dressing

When I woke up, my throat was dry and scratchy. So I took some colostrum mixed in oil. Then I read my e-mail for the 20 minutes that the instructions required before eating. I fixed breakfast, and read more e-mail. It was trying hard to be sunny out, so I raked two boxes of leave and picked up pinecones. It got very windy at times and I had to stop to protect my box from blowing away. I picked a few greens for lunch, read more on wild edible plants, and looked for two more on the net. Did you know that kudzu is both edible and nutritious? It is amazing how many species of weeds there are. So after lunch, I read book outside, then came inside, read some more, unloaded the dishwasher. I checked the front porch for a box, and lo and behold it was there! Chris came home and fixed himself a burrito and I had some chicken. He made more salad dressing (see pic). Then he spent the evening playing with the voices. I watched the latest episode of Castle, while Kurt Skyped me. He wanted to talk about meeting me in Pinehurst in late March to help me pick up some things at our old place. But I am not sure I can face that 9 hour drive to meet him with so many road changes by myself. I have to think of some way around it. When I finished watching Castle, I took up the kaleidoscope project(s). I tried another method of cutting out the tangram-like pieces. I took pics to help me remember how I did it. And notes. In between those seams, I put pieces of the last blue wedge together. But when I went to sew that wedge to the other completed wedges, it did not fit, and in the weirdest way. As far as I can tell, the pieces were cut properly, so why was it off on an angle? Anyway, I fudged one, and was about to sew it when I saw how late it was. I came up to plug in my ipod to charge it for the night. It is getting late and I had hoped to go to bed early.

No comments: