Friday, February 10, 2012

Things get a little hot

I cleaned the stove because Bob said the repair person was coming. I fixed breakfast, and read my e-mail. I decided to carry the cell phone while waiting for Bob to call. Picked up more dead stalks from the garden area. I raked up leaves in the back yard trying to find out what is lawn and what isn't. Raked up magnolia cones under the tree in the front yard. Lots of chickweed came up too. I sorted through the rakings to pull out the best of the chickweed. I filled a bowl. I picked a few dandelion and mint leaves to go with it. I brought it in for lunch. I washed it and doused it with sesame oil. I used kale to mop up the rest of the salad dressing. Bob called while I was eating my salad. He said the repair man WAS on his way, but when he heard that the job called for working on an appliance that was 'messed with' by the home owner, he (the repair person) refused to come. Bob said no repair people would take the job, but he did not say why. So, he thinks he should take a whack at it himself, and if it doesn't work, he'll have to install a new cooktop. Then there was a basket of lingerie in the sewing area. I had been avoiding it because I knew I would have to try on each piece to decided whether to keep it or give it away. Not good for my ego. But, today was the day. I went through the whole basket, dividing the contents into two piles. There were belts in there, too. When I finished, I remembered a box of old clothes in my closet that I had also been avoiding. I finished that, too. I took the donation pile to the donation area in the garage. I put part of the 'save' pile in the laundry and the rest went back in the box. Then I took 4 items that needed mending to the sewing area. Two were mended by machine, and two by hand. Chris came home while I was down there, and fixed himself supper. He was on-line, waiting for the game with the voices to start when I came up. I ate a piece of chicken and bit the inside of my lip badly. So I sat at my computer, trying to ignore the pain and the blood. I played a new computer game for awhile, listening to Chris and the voices. When I got tired of the game, I called up the latest episode of BBT on CBS. I watched that, and then called up CSI. In the middle of that, I decided that maybe I could handle some chicken soup. I pulled out the large jar from the frig. Chris heated up a portion on the stove. When he pronounced it ready, I put it in a bowl and sat back down in front of my computer. But it was way too hot to eat. I was going to get up to put some cool water in it. But I spilled it on my chest and down my leg. It was really hot and went through my shirt. I may have screamed. I ripped off my shirt and bra to find a really red burn spot in a tender place. Chris enjoyed that more than I did. I took the rest off and put on a bathrobe. I added water to the remaining soup and ate it while watching CSI and NCIS. Now it is after midnight, Chris is still playing with the voices, but I am going to bed.

* I didn't take any pics today so here is one from a quilt show in Seoul. *

No comments: