Saturday, February 25, 2012

Push the waves, hit the tiger, parting the horse's mane

After the usual morning routine, I googled the address of a lady who has started a Meetup for Tai chi and yoga. It is a new thing and I was the first to come. I wrote myself some notes for the trip out and back. I dressed in loose comfortable clothing. I filled a water bottle. Then I headed out 1 hour before even though it should only take 40 minutes. I was supposed to get on 72E, but there were no signs for it. Nevertheless, I followed the route as shown on the google map. I ended up on 72E, but all the signs were for 72W. Do they try to confuse me on purpose?
This place was truly out in the country. Her house is next to a field of cows. First we talked about tai chi and yoga. She had me sign a waiver in case I got injured. Then we stood on the lawn and faced the sun and the mountain. She showed me the moves and we tai chi'd together. Each movement set had a name to describe it (see title). I found it to be a gentle and meditative practice. The cows came over to watch. After a bit we retired to her porch where we talked of many things. We had a connection. When I learned that she had MS and was taking a drug to suppress her immune system, I was worried about 'sharing' my sore throat. When it was time to go, she held out her hand to shake in friendship and farewell, but I had to refuse and I told her why. She seemed to understand. It was a long drive home, and mostly uneventful. But when I turned off of 72 to get on Memorial, I found the signs confusing. Again. Fortunately I did get home, though not without some trepidation. Chris was on his computer playing with voices; I don't know which ones. I tried to have a bite to eat, but was too tired. So I laid down for a bit. Then I fixed myself a salad and finished of the last of the organic beef. I watched the latest episode of BBT on the CBS website and then, since Chris was still playing, I started an episode of NCIS. By the time I finished, he was finished, too. So we went down to watch B5 together. As usual, he has gone to bed now, and I am wondering what photo to post since I did not think to take one at her house.

No comments: