Monday, February 13, 2012

Cold weather might have benefits

I got up thinking I'd heard the garbage truck. It wasn't, and that meant I still had time. I gathered up all the wastebaskets in the bedrooms and bathrooms. I took it out to the street. It was cold! I came back in to make breakfast and read e-mail. One article talked about brown fat. Apparently it is better than the other kind. It keeps you warm and burns calories. But it has to be activated by being cold. They recommended sitting in icy water and drinking lots of ice water first thing in the morning. Gee, I think I would rather exercise. There was also an EFT newsletter with lots of success stories. I got a lot out of the ones I read. I read the Sandhills Guild Newsletter. They are really busy this year. I saved the pdf of the QOV blocks to print. I may make a few. I called the company that sells the laser pointer I wanted. The lady was able to take my order over the phone. She said my order was refused by the system because the credit card company did not have this Garth road address. Then I swept the porch and patio, trying to activate some of those brown fat cells I read about. Then I had hummus and natto for lunch. That hummus really warmed me up. There were two baskets of laundry in the family room. I took the to the bedroom to fold and put away. But not Chris' underwear. I folded those but left them for him to put away. I am not tall enough to see in his top drawers. I went down to the basement to work on my strip sets for the kool kaleidoscope class. It seemed like there would be a lot of leftovers, so I did the math and devised a plan to use half the amount of fabric, but will probably take twice as long. I heard the phone ring, so I went upstairs to answer it. Then I opened the front door to see if any packages had been left. No. But then I saw the empty garbage can, so I brought it back to the house. Then I saw leaves on the ground, so I picked up the rake and raked for awhile. I was picking up sticks when Chris came home. He remarked on a card from Bob D. Actually it was from Maryann. It featured a cute little cat, looking innocent, paw prints everywhere. Uh huh. Reminds me of cat-sitting in Korea.
I had defrosted a package of organic beef, so I browned it with some onion that Chris chopped up for me. He made himself a burrito with leftover pork. I ate the beef with a kale salad. Chris and I read e-mail for awhile. My computer kept warning me that it was going to shut down to perform maintenance. But when I finally acquiesced, it did not. It required me to click on stuff. Then it warned me that it would take hours. So we watched our latest Netflix arrival -"He-man, Masters of the Universe". It was one of Chris' picks. A number of the characters looked familiar, so we looked them up on the internet. That was interesting. The guy who played Kevin also played Tom Parris in Voyager.
Knowing what tomorrow is, I have one more thing to do tonight. Then it's off to bed for both of us.

No comments: