Sunday, February 12, 2012

Too cold for yard work

Saturday morning I got dressed, had breakfast and read my e-mail. One article was promoting the benefits of EDTA. I did a google search on it, and it sounds like it is tricky to use. I saw the trees outside rustling in the wind. So I went in to the garage to get my kite. I put on my warmest coat since it was so cold out. When I got out there, the wind had died down. So I waited. There were gusts now and then, but not enough to make it worth staying out. I put the kite away. Then I got out my tennis racket and a ball. I played against the side of the house, avoiding the windows. I tried the garage door, but it made too much noise. When I got too cold I went in. Chris and I took his car to get the oil changed. Then we went to the Goodwill at the end of Whitesburg to look for a VCR. But they had no electronics section. So what do they do with donations of that kind? There was a sewing place across the parking lot. We drove over there, but they were closed. Then we saw an Asian market across the street. We were able to buy seaweed and cute little mushrooms. Then we went home. I fixed myself a salad and ate some of the mushrooms. I followed some links in my e-mail. Then, since the kaleidoscope class is next Saturday, I printed off the directions for preparation. And I googled images of kaleidoscope quilts for inspiration on how to choose and place the strips. When I finished and my mind was full of images, I went down to the sewing room to begin the process of choosing. But first I had to clear some space, clean up a bit. Then Chris came down and he was ready to watch some Babylon 5. So we did. And then it was almost midnight so we went to bed.
* Why is Blogger rotating my picture? *
Font size

No comments: