Thursday, February 23, 2012

You just never know how the day will go




I remember awakening from a dream. I can't quite put it together, but my husband was in it. My throat was still scratchy, so I used the colostrum again. I read e-mail for 20 minutes, and then made breakfast. I took a shower, dressed, and took my supplements. My friend Claire was going to call me so we could go out together. So to await her call, I read tapping articles in my e-mail. I did some tapping inside, and then outside, just in case there was anything inside that could interfere with my energy system. I went back inside to use the restroom and heard her on the porch. She had brought her van. I climbed inside and she drove us out of the city, northward. However, as we were preparing to turn onto a side road, we spotted two pit bulls walking around in the road. They seemed oblivious to the traffic and the danger they were in. Whereas most people would just drive by without stopping as long as they did not hit the dogs, Claire blew her horn and opened her back door and ushered them inside (with a little help from another driver). Kudos to her for bravery. The dogs were reluctant to go in, but acted quite friendly (but smelly) once inside. She turned around and drove to the ARK, a no-kill animal rescue shelter. The shelter had no room for them, but lent us leashes to tie them down in the back of her van. Then she drove to Animal Control. They were willing to take the dogs. Since their collars had no tags, I can only hope the owner(s) will find them there. Then we went on to Alison's place. It was not so far in the country as I had imagined. She raises dogs, chickens, geese, horses, and bees. And her neighbors are well within sight. It was interesting to arrive and be greeted by a flock of chickens hoping to be fed. Alison was in the front yard with a very small, cute dog on its bathroom break. She brought us inside. She showed us around and downstairs she has a frig with soap and creme making ingredients. The cremes are very nice, most of them scented. She invented the recipe herself using beeswax from her hives. They are really neat - solid like a bar of soap, but just a little comes off on your hands when you handle it. I got two of those and a jar of honey. We went out to the yard to see the chickens and the hives. The dogs were excited to have company. Then we stopped by the garage where she had cartons of eggs in another frig. I got a box of chicken eggs and one of duck eggs. We left them in the house and went to see Claire's 'new' house. They have not moved in yet so it was empty. It was interesting to see what previous owners had done to the place. There is a stove top exactly like ours. I wanted to take the panel off to take a pic of how the left side was hooked up, but my screwdriver was too small. Oh well. When we got back, Alison made tea and gave me an orange. Claire played with the little dog, who was amazingly cute. She wanted to take it home, but it is promised to someone else first. After a nice chat with Alison, Claire drove me home. I showed her around my place and let her taste my fermented coconut milk. She had given me a taste of the coconut milk that she makes from coconut flakes. While we were talking in the living room, Chris came home. Earlier she had mentioned that she and her husband play DnD, and I wanted her to meet Chris since he likes role-playing games too. After they met, she got a call from her husband and had to leave. I really enjoyed spending the day with her and meeting Alison. I showed Chris what I bought. I thought the different colors of the eggs were really cool. Then Chris fixed asparagus and we had chicken to go with it. We checked our e-mail. I got one that proclaimed that my order had arrived. I found it on the front porch - raw nuts! When Chris finished his e-mail, we went down to watch 4 more episodes of B5. And after B5 comes bedtime.

No comments: