Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The circle is complete


I was having a dream when I woke up. It seemed significant, but now I can't remember why, or anything else about it. I started reading e-mail even before preparing breakfast. There were a number of informational audios to listen to. I played one while fixing my bowl of nutty goodness. It alternated between sunny and partly cloudy. The clouds were on the move. I did a little cleaning after breakfast and took a shower. It was so sunny I went out earlier than usual to do some raking, and without the need for shoes. The raking went well, except for one gust of wind that blew the box over and scattered the leaves over the recently-raked area. But I did not mind so much. The leaves were all on top of the grass, not mired in it, so they were easily picked up again. Then I took a bowl and scissors to select some choice plants for lunch. One of the articles I read today said we only absorb 25 - 30 % of the nutrition in a plant when we chew it, but up to 90% when the plant is put through the blender. So I brought my pickings in for a quick spin. Although I used the 'liquify' setting, it wasn't quite liquid. I ate half of it with a spoon. It smelled like a freshly mown lawn - a good smell, but not one I associate with lunch. I put the other half in the frig for supper. I don't think the drink is going to catch on. Seeing how sunny it was, I just could not stay inside. I went out to the back lawn with my laptop and listened to another of those audios while doing stretches. When it was over, I came in. I finished sewing the wedges for the green and purple quilt top. I had to do a lot of fudging to get it symmetrical, but I have gotten good at it over the years. I went up to get my camera for a pic, and Chris was having supper in front of his laptop. So I finished my green smoothie, and went back to take the pic. I then turned my attention to the blue one. No one commented on the replacement fabric, so I assume it must be close enough to the original. I was working on those seams when Chris came down. We watched Babylon 5: The Gathering, then the remaining two episodes from season 2. And now it is time to say 'Goodnight'.

No comments: