Monday, February 6, 2012

Cleaning in the garage

I got up around the usual time. It was sunny, but as the day went on, the sun was in and out. Before breakfast, I started a loaf of bread in the bread machine. After breakfast and e-mail, I finished sorting the sheet music. I divided it into categories by instrument and genre. Then I weeded out some that seemed to be duplicated in other books. To do this, I had to play a few selections on the piano. But it was tough because of all the pictures lying on top, waiting to be hung. There was no room to place the music. I had to hold it in one hand, and play with the other. Anyway, I selected a pile for donation, and a pile for recycling. I took the packaged shelving unit that sat in the family room for almost a month, down to the den and assembled it. Now that Chris has unpacked some boxes of books :) there is room for the shelf unit. Then I turned my attention to the garage. What doesn't find a place upstairs goes to the basement, and what doesn't find a place in the basement goes to the garage. But in order to do that, I had to organize what was already there. And most of that area was covered in roach droppings. So I donned a facemask, and grabbed a dustpan and brush. I cleaned all the shelves and loaded them up. I wish I had a 'before' picture. Only that pic could make the 'after' picture look impressive. Near the end, my throat started burning so I took a break. The facemask was dirty inside and out. I made a salad and ate it outside. I also cooked up a pkg of grass-fed beef on the bulgogi pan. Not an easy thing. Then I raked up the leaves lying on the patio. I also cleaned up the leaves I had raked in the backyard weeks ago. Finally I did some raking in the front yard. I added some bricks to the flowerbed border. Then I finished cleaning the shelving in the garage. I was so dirty that I took a shower. I knew Chris would love to come home and find me wrapped in a towel, but it was only 4pm, and I couldn't wait for him to get off work. After dressing, unloaded the dishwasher, and I checked the hauling strength of the tow bar on my car, then swept the leaves out of the garage. That is when Chris came home. We had leftover meat for supper, and he made asparagus. I called up the latest episode of BBT on CBS and we watched that. Then we went downstairs to watch more Babylon 5. He went to bed early, and I just might follow him when I finish this post.

No comments: